Ecole Supérieure Robert de Sorbon® > Our Degrees

  Degree through Experience 
The  French Ecole Supérieure Robert de Sorbon®, an "Etablissement d'Enseignement Supérieur Privé  sans but  lucratif" may grant degrees -"certificats"  according to the Art L 731-14 of the French Code de l'Education  after the "délibération du Jury de VAE". This process is inspired by the French Law of January 17, 2002. This process is in line also with the US Immigration rule  8 C.F.R. 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(C) that states "For purposes of determining equivalence to a baccalaureate degree in the speciaty, three years of specialized training and/or work experience must be demonstrated for each year of college-level training the alien lacks". We suggest that any French degrees for US University admissions, job research or Immigration  should be evaluated by a recognized US Credential Evaluators. See our list on our home page in English..

We  use on the "Bologna process" 3/5/8 System (Magna Charta of European University), adopted which is common and  by 40 countries including the 29  European countries.

For the following degrees please use the formula: 3 years of qualified work experience = 1 year of University studies.

Associate-Cycle Universitaire de 2 ans (UNESCO ISCED level 5): May be considered equivalent to a US Associate Degree  from a regionally accredited Institution of Higher education. Requirements: 6 years of work experience or completion of one year of University studies + 3 years of work experience.

Bachelor Cycle Universitaire de 3 ans: (UNESCO ISCED level 6):May be considered equivalent to a US Bachelor Degree, a Laurea (Italy) or a Vordiplom (Germany)  from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.  The total of University studies (Regular or/and through the work experience formula) should be 3 years.

M.A., M.Sc., MBA, Magistère, LL.M. (UNESCO ISCED level 7): May be considered equivalent to a US Master from a regionally accredited institution of higher education as well as a UK Master Degree, Kandidate Naouk (Russia),The total of University studies (Regular or/and through the work experience formula) should be 5 Years.

Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (EDBA) UNESCO ISCED level 8) Our VAE jury may grant such degree if you have only 6 years of professional experience after the Master, 12 years after a Bachelor and 21 years if you have no higher education diploma.

Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy (UNESCO ISCED level 8): May be considered equivalent to a PhD./Dottorato/Dr. Naouk. The total of University studies (regular or through the work experience formula) should be 8 years minimum. Could be also granted through the VAE  see the French page of our colleagues.

Post Doctoral Degree (HDR): For Doctorate  degree holders 8or equivalent) having done research

The Ecole Supérieure Universitaire Robert de Sorbon is a legal registered French private educational institution founded in 2004, headed by faculty members that obey strict governmental rules to bestow Degrees. The Jury for each specialty is made of highly qualified specialists. The work experience should be well documented and must show an increase in responsibilities and knowledge. 

For Jobs, License, and immigration (incl. H1B visa), a Diploma is required generating often obvious injustice. Many times professional experience generates more knowledge that totally theoretical courses on abstruse fields. The Mahatma Ghandi said "The real education is to draw the best from oneself"  France  through the VAE Law agree in giving Degree based on work experience.

Please fill the Application Form and pay on line (click here) the refundable application fee is 50 Euros (around $60 US). If you are accepted you should pay the tuition and Diploma fees including Jury deliberation, Diploma and Diploma Supplement. (550 Euros this year).

For each application the applicant should provide:

- Documents, Certificate of Employment, Salary stubs, Affidavit, publications, newspaper article, affidavit from  co-workers, etc, proving your work experience. All those documents should be in French or English or translated in one of these two languages.

- Copies of diploma or transcripts of previous Studies (if existing).  If those studies are not from the USA France or French former colonies, they should be evaluated by a recognized credential evaluator.

- On line payment of the Euro 50 application fees.

As the VAE law is based on experience, mastering the French language is not required

Click here to fill directly your application form

The Robert de Sorbon® students come from 156+ countries

© 2020 Ecole Supérieure Robert de Sorbon®